With so many preservatives and high sugar products being consumed everyday, it's nice to do something as simple as drink up something home-made and healthy to take a step towards beautifying our body from within.
For a refreshed feeling throughout the day incorporate the following drink in your everyday life, a step towards maintaining the pH level of the body:
- 4 8oz glasses filtered (preferred)/ regular water
- 1 slice lemon
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
Following is an excellent alternative for energy drink. Don't drink it up at night though- you don't want to stay up all night now do you?
- 1 glass of hot water (not boiling hot, but hot enough for you to drink-please don't burn yourself)
- 1.5 to 2 tsp honey (adjust to taste)
- 1 inch of fresh ginger root
- 1/4 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/4 tsp tumeric powder
- Ginger, a root, is great for digestion, metabolism and blood circulation.
- Turmeric is another root that has numerous benefits some of which include cancer fighting properties as well as increases energy levels.
- Cardamom: Great for increase in circulation and improvement in energy level.
- Honey: Too many benefits to list them all- let us just say Honey every day will definitely keep the doctors away.
Cut off two thin slices of ginger and place in your cup or mug.
Use a garlic press to juice the remaining ginger into your mug. If you don't have the garlic press add a couple more ginger slices and let them steep in the hot water.
For your morning drink, try this recipe of protein blast that will fight fatigue and kick off the day with a great start!
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/4 cup raw almonds or 2 tbsp almond butter
- 1 scoop of high quality whey protein powder (low sugar content)
- 2 washed kale leaves
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tbsp ground flax seeds
- 1 cup milk of choice (I used unsweetened almond milk)