Search This Blog

Sep 12, 2011

Review-ZERRAN REFORM: 100% Vegan Natural Hair Straightening System

There are many, many permanently straightening systems and procedures available today. Every single one that I have heard of up until now has the upside of having phenomenal straightening results, but there are far more negatives like toxic chemicals, fumes and hair damage which I think outweighs the positives. Recently at a salon I saw a poster for Zerran Reform Hair Straightening System. I inquired more and found out that it is quite safe! The more I researched, the more tempted I got to try it out.

Following is information that caught my attention:

"Zerran's Reform is a revolutionary patented way to achieve straight, sleek hair permanently without harsh chemicals. Our gentle formula allows reprocessing from root to tips without breakage.
No formaldehyde or Aldehydes

  • No Thioglycolates, Sodium Hydroxide or Guanidine Hydroxide
  • No harsh chemicals
  • No objectionable odors
  • No need for gloves or protective balms
  • Safe and easy to use
  • Permanently relaxes or straightens the hair
  • Safe for all hair types, including resistant hair
  • Scented with natural essential oils
  • 100% Vegan"

It took almost 8 hours for me to get it done: 


Before 




But those 8 hours were so worth it! Following is what my hair looked like after:


After 2 weeks of it getting done, it's safe to get highlights as well ANDDDD it can be done on top of any hair treatment you may have done in the past.

The only thing is it is highly recommended to use Sulfate free shampoo and conditioners. 


2 days after This is what my hair looked like with only blow drying ( no brush no straightener)

(I couldn't figure out how to blur so I had to put this black oval haha)




I've also let my hair air dry and it was straight, the ends though needed slight adjustment with straightener.

For those of you in the Niagara Region, following is the salon's website that offers it: Sense of Beauty (click here)