The main ingredients in Coconut oil are Vitamin E and it's ability to retain moisture. Talking scientifically - it contains healthy fatty acids as well which are good for your body if consumed in diet. It has antioxidant, anti-aging and antimicrobial properties. It's melting point is 25 degree Celsius.
Uses for beauty and health:
- Best skincare product.Period. As the oil has the ability to hold moisture and contains Vitamin E it is great for skin. Instead of moisturizer, try using coconut oil for a few weeks and you will definitely notice a difference in your skin.
- If applied in hair, it protects against damage, hair loss and against dandruff by keeping the scalp moist and not drying out.
- It increases energy if consumed as food (the fatty triglyceride to be exact).
- It suppresses hunger.
- Cures bruises and reduces inflammation because of its anti-inflammatory properties.
- For silky legs, shave with coconut oil
- Great for eczema prone skin
- For acne prone skin- after washing your skin/ face, apply a thin layer that gets absorbed quickly every night before bed. You should see a reduction in acne, if not disappearance
- Great for babies and protection against rashes, can be used as a diaper barrier instead of petroleum jelly.
- In babies, it also helps remove cradle cap. Just apply on head before giving baby a bath, wait 10 minutes, then GENTLY brush out the hair and wash in bath. The cradle cap should be removed with in a week to 2 weeks. Please be sure to be super gentle with the head and if it turns pink or red avoid combing for a couple days, and lightly massage coconut oil and let it heal.
- GREAT for infant massages, doesn't leave greasy residue and absorbs quickly. In winter pure, extra virgin Olive Oil is really good for the wee ones as it has warming properties.